Tuesday, February 26, 2013

"I Love Those Shoes!"

Things that have come out of Bella's mouth and made me chuckle the last few weeks:

Watching a DSW shoe commercial where girls were dancing on top of a piano in brightly-colored shoes, Bella gushed, "Mama! I loooooooove those shoes! Oooo! I loooooooove those pink shoes!"

"Mama, my bottom has crackers in it" (Whaaaaaaat?)

"I can't go yuckies right now because my yuckies are at the dinner table."

"Would you carry me up the stairs? My leg is trying to broke because I have a boo-boo."

"Mama, I told Evelyn, yes, she can pull my hair. It's okay because I said 'yes'."

Looking at Mel's green earrings..."Mel, I LOVE your eag-rings!"

Explaining about one of her school friends at the dinner table..."Mama, who's my friend with the green shirt with the pockets?" Since, of course, I had no idea who was wearing a green shirt today, I started listing everyone in her class until I came to Jack-Colton. Her eyes lit up and she looked at Mel. "Yeah! My friend, Tack Tolkien!"

Bella has been struggling with nightmares lately. (Mostly about sharks coming into her room; so sad, right?) Steve and I talked to her and told her that if she wakes up scared, she can pray to Jesus and ask him to protect her and help her not be scared. She's told us multiple times since then that she has prayed to Jesus at night and He has helped her. So sweet! I love seeing what her mind processes and how she retains information. It has made me much more careful about how I answer her questions instead of giving her a distracted "mm-hhhmm",

Reading my Bible on the couch, Bella asked if I would read out loud. I started to read about Jesus being tempted in the desert. The line was, "Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the desert..." Bella interrupted me with a gasp and said, "Was he a HORSE!?!" (One of Bella's favorite movie is Disney's Spirit about a horse and she was convinced that the Holy Spirit was a horse who talked to Jesus. It was awesome.) And in all honesty, I had absolutely no idea how to explain the Holy Spirit to a three-year old. By the time I was fumbling around for a simple explanation, she was already on to something else.