Monday, December 10, 2012

Santa Claus Came To Town!

How do I even begin to describe my level of excitement about tonight!?! 

Well, actually, I'm kind of tired right now, but in my head, I'm so excited!!!! 

Or, as Bella would say, "I BE SO CITED!"

Every year, our Chick-fil-A hosts Santa on Monday nights in December. Since Steve has his accountability group on Mondays, we decided to just make it a quick trip instead of staying for dinner.

I'd been preparing Bella all day...she's starting to respond positively to doing things when we present it as though there's no option. She also does well when we tell her things in order, so today I'd been telling her, "When Daddy gets home, we're going to get dressed, go to Chick-fil-A, sit on Santa's lap, and Mama's going to take your picture."

It's not magic, and it's definitely not fail-proof, but tonight it worked!

When we walked into CFA, she was so excited to see Santa! She was jumping up and down, saying, "Mom! Look! It's Santa! Daddy! Daddy! It's Saaaaaanta!!!" We had to wait in line a little bit, but thankfully, her excitement never died down. I was really nervous about the moment when she would sit in Santa's lap, but I picked her up and she just smiled.

We put both of the girls on Santa's knees and backed up to take pictures. Evelyn was sleepy, but we got both of them to smile at the same time! Chick-fil-A also gave us a letter to Santa, written by the CFA cows that Bella could write down her Christmas list on.

It was a quick trip, maybe only 15 minutes, but it was exactly what we were hoping for!


 Poor Santa looks a little dazed in this picture, but look at our girls!


The little note we got from the cows...

  
We asked Bella what she wanted from Santa, and this is what she told us.

1 comment:

The Clark Family said...

That is impressive!!! Go Bella and Evie! What a cute picture:)