Monday, December 31, 2012

Our Christmas Week (And Crazy!) In Pictures!

 These are in no particular order, because I didn't have the mental energy (or time) to arrange thirty pictures chronologically. (Stop mocking me, Whitney.) Here are some pictures from our few days in Florida...


The first day we got in, my dad was performing in a Christmas showcase at the local theater. Steve and I got a quick date night and Dad was amazing! There were only about six singers for the entire event, and Dad's solo was, "Mary, Did You Know?". His voice was the best one on the stage! I'm so glad we got to Florida in time to see him!


Yes, in the midst of all the crazy, I did manage to pack coordinating outfits for my family and take our picture on Christmas morning. One of my favorite "influences" from living in this area is the beauty of family pictures in coordinating outfits! I'm owning my cup of crazy and admitting that I love it!


Wide-angle pictures should not be taken with an iPhone on a timer, but it was all we had! The couple in the middle is my Uncle Steve and his wife, Meredith. They were able to come for Christmas dinner, which was great!


Yay for sisters! And we're all in purple! Sometimes my family agrees to go along with my personal crazy. Love it!


This is one of my favorite activities when we go home: standing around the piano and singing.


Home. Sweet. Home. (for five days)


Steve and I slept on the bed in the back and the table converted to a small bed for Evelyn. We barricaded the open side with body pillows and a microwave (yep, a microwave), and the littlest human still rolled off twice! I think the second time, Steve was about to cry (He wasn't home for like the eight different times I accidentally let Bella roll off of various surfaces in our house.), but I assured him that it was perfectly normal to stare at a sleeping baby with a flashlight to check her breathing.


Evelyn's first Christmas present! We were blessed to get almost all of our presents for the girls this year for free! This is an amazing wooden toy that Ashely passed on to us from her classroom!


Both of the girls loved it! Bella is just realizing that Evelyn gets her own toys, too.


She spends a solid 30% of her day with her little eyebrows pushed together as she studies or plays with something. I love how she always seems to be figuring something out.


Bella's big present from Papa and Mimi - a tricycle! Dad found it at a garage sale and did an amazing job painting it and sprucing it up! It's beautiful and the little human loves it!


Rachel opening up her new shirts from Bella and Evelyn.


Bella opening up one of presents from us, a Rapunzel vanity with a mirror and stool.


Mom wanted some cake plates that didn't come with lids, and we found some beautiful ceramic ones. Can't wait to see what she bakes!


Grandma and Rach taking a breather...

Our friend, Jen, called me last month and asked if I wanted her neighbors' play kitchen that they were getting rid of. I said yes right away! How great is this kitchen? It has a little fridge and microwave; we knew Bella would love it! She's three and a half, so we still haven't entered the arena of spending a lot of money on her gifts, but we were able to give her this kitchen and the Rapunzel vanity without spending anything! God is good! We were so excited to have her open this gift!


Daddy opening his new book, Winter of the World


Trying out her new wheels on the road. She spent an hour outside, riding up and down the street. Since we've been home, I cleared a path so she can ride in one continuous circle. She rings her little bell and yells, "woo hoo!" as she rides by!


The Sunday before Christmas we were all at my parents' church. They don't really have a nursery, but Evelyn was so tired that she finally gave in and just passed out in Steve's arms.

 

Road trip picture! Evelyn playing hide and seek with her snack lid. And yes, she's out of her carseat...eight hours is just too long for babies and toddlers to be strapped down to a seat, so we let them get out and squirm a little.


Our Christmas Eve game was Candy Land! (Ah, the memories!) This was Bella's first game and she did pretty good! Not so good at taking turns, but good with following the directions and all that!


Steve has wanted this miniature keychain multi-tool for forever!


About to start on Christmas pies! Mel and mom made a chocolate pecan pie, and dad, Steve, and I worked on the apple pie.


My new red TOMS from Steve! I love them so much! He also got me a beautiful bracelet with an "E" engraved on it. 


Another family shot of our game. Mom and dad really enjoyed getting to do little things with Bella that they don't normally get to do.


Snuggle time with Mimi and Evelyn.


I think I'm holding one of Bella's gifts, but this is the only picture I have of us together on Christmas!


Oh, wait! More snuggles and smiles!


Bella emptied out the entire bucket of Mr. Potato Head pieces to stick her own little head inside.

I'll add some other special Papa and Mimi pictures soon! (And Mel must have manned the camera a lot, because I just realized I don't have a lot of her!)

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

I know christmas was hard and all but it looks truly delightful from this post. Glad to see someone else who doesn't spend money on their children at christmas...boy will we be sad when those days hafta be over!