Tuesday, February 21, 2012

When Bad Pictures Happen to Good People

I somehow convinced Steve to take some "belly pictures" this weekend. Since I'm a documented control-freak, I'm impressed and amazed that he didn't laugh in my face and run away. Instead, he smiled, found the tripod, and submitted to wardrobe changes. I'm telling you, people, I married up.

This one goes in our "oops" category because we basically forgot to include Bella in the process at all. No cute outfits; no charming poses. We just forgot. The fact that she has the attention span of a squirrel and we were taking these pictures ourselves may have influenced our subconcious.

I've seen this picture done a bunch by other people. Our problem? It was raining too hard to go outside, and we're zoomed in too far to see my pregnant belly. We will definitely be begging Mel to retake this pose at some point.

Just. Plain. Wrong. This is Bella's impression of Mama's bare belly pose. I can't even look at it for too long without getting a little nauseous.

When you set your camera's timer for 10 seconds, it's a good idea to keep an eye on the toddler for at least 7 of those seconds. Otherwise, this happens...

This shot pretty much sums up our relationship: I have unrealistic expectations of what should be happening, and Bella is gagging! Okay, I'm kidding. She's a really fun kid 70% of the time.

I promise to post some of the "real" (meaning: edited) pictures this week! In the meantime, let this be a mental note for what not to do in your maternity pictures.

No comments: