Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Princesses Coming Out Our Ears

I'm getting an early start on some decorations for Bella's birthday in hopes that the actual day will be as stress free as possible. Her birthday (and party) is on a Sunday, and Sundays are always more stressful. It will be a small party, just some of our close friends - Bella's "aunties and uncles". The party items that have my little "Martha Stewart heart" all excited, though, are the hats. We're doing a very loose princess theme, and I made princess hats with things that were already in my home! No wasted money on party supplies!


These hats are my current pride and joy - I made them by printing off pictures of as many Disney princesses (or princes) as girls and guys that were coming. Then I glued them to scrapbook pages to make them larger. Finally, I stapled strips of cute fabric to the tops to add a little more flair than just using ribbons.

.

The gang's all here! I didn't include Snow White, because I have a confession...I loathe and despise Snow White. I'm not exactly sure why. Maybe it's the insipid princess songs she sings, but needless to say, Snow White did not make an appearance on the party hats.



Tried to get a picture of the backs to show the fabric tassels. The boys got regular silver ribbon; let's be honest, the boys don't care what's coming out the top of their hats. I'll be lucky if the two little boys even wear theirs.



My new favorite princess - Rapunzel from the movie Tangled. I like that she has freckles and isn't as "done up" like some of the others. I'm probably putting way too much thought into the Disney princesses, but when you spend your whole day with two years olds, you think about stuff like this.


So, yes, I'm about 2 1/2 weeks early, but it's fun being done with a big part of the decorations already. Now, on to planning the cake...I saw a tutorial on the Betty Crocker website that I want to try.

No comments: