Friday, April 1, 2011

Okay, I Admit It...

I read strangers' blogs. Not only do I read them, I love them. I look forward to them. Some days, I even rely on them to keep me sane. I have about 5 (okay more like 10, but I only keep up with about 5) blogs that I have found online written by talented, hilarious women who don't mind admitting that motherhood is not always the most joyous, wonderful thing out there since sunshine and glitter. These women, even though they're strangers, have made me feel like I'm not alone, like I'm not the only mother who has wanted to lock her children in the bathroom and go scream into a pillow. They enjoy their children, love them and revel in them, but with a wonderful tongue-in-cheek sarcasm that shows they don't take themselves too seriously.


As much as I enjoy, and even appreciate, these women, I also know that there is a key difference between us. That difference is Jesus. I'm not making a judgment against these women, I'm just making an honest assumption. I'm sure these women have good days, too, but they definitely write to an audience that expects them to be funny. And thankfulness isn't always funny.


I want to remember to be thankful. I have had three and a half awesome months with my husband "stuck" at home. I have loved having him around everyday and will probably go into shock when he returns to his normal schedule. By the way, that will be on Monday. I am thankful for a wonderfully healthy little girl who has never had an ear infection, the flu, respiratory problem, or countless other ailments that have kept my friends' babies in and out of urgent care. Even when she broke her collarbone, she was only in a sling for a week and handled it pretty calmly.


I have a beautiful home and a husband with a killer work ethic. We have been blessed not to have to stress over lost jobs or a poor economy. I have the amazing opportunity to stay at home with my daughter, and even on my worst days, I can't believe I'm lucky enough to be the one she turns to whether she's crying or overcome with giggles. I'm thankful Bella will learn about Jesus from Steve and I, and that we've been given the wonderful privilege and responsibility to teach her about a God who loves her more than we could ever attempt.


So...as thankful as I am for my fellow strangers/bloggers who make me feel like they know what it's like to be in the thick of the trenches, I'm even more thankful for my husband, my baby girl, and my Jesus. And I need to remember that.

No comments: