Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I'm Not Sure If I'm Ready for This...

Steve and I have always discussed the possibility of putting Bella in our church's preschool when she turned 3. We have two different reasons - we would like Bella to pick up some more verbalization skills, and we would like to give her an opportunity to socialize when I'm not around.

The wonderful advantage of being a stay-at-home mom is that I get to be with Bella all the time. That also ends up being a bit of a negative in some situations. I am with her...all...the...time. Preschool would be a chance for her to get away from me. A chance for her to experience new things without having me right there to rescue her. I want her to be able to gain some independence and learn what she can handle (and that not all toys are hers).

All that to say that we have started the process to send Bella to a 2-day preschool in the Fall. It would only be two mornings a week, which would be the same amount of time that she is in nursery on Sundays (about 3 hours). She would be going to our church where the teachers already know and love her, and we trust them completely. She would also get to socialize with the same children that she sees on Sunday, so that would be good for her, too! We decided to start her this Fall instead of next because we don't want to wait an entire year until she's 3 1/2.

I felt really silly, but as I was driving yesterday with the registration papers in my hand, I definitely started to get choked up! :) I had to remind myself that two mornings a week wasn't exactly like she was going off to college! If all goes as planned, Bella will be a little Eastside Lion in August!

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

Yay!!!! She'll be in molly's class:)! I definitely know what you mean...I went to the simple little orientation at the beginning of this year and sat there in the pew crying like an idiot. So excited!