Thursday, April 21, 2011

A Garden After All

I'm going to look back on my blogging the last few weeks and wonder how in the world I had the time to blog this frequently?!? I have no idea, but it seems like we've had a lot of "little moments" that I've wanted to share lately, especially knowing that we will make our blog book at the end of the year. It has definitely made me more purposeful in my blogging, because I want Bella to see all of these "everyday" moments we've enjoyed.

[I got distracted because Bella just tried to spank Rex while saying, "No! No!" I want to feel guilty, but now Rex is sitting on Bella's back, so they seem even.]

I didn't think we were going to work on a garden this year, but Mel decided to plant a few herbs and vegetables. We got garden boxes and trellises, and planted all of our goodies yesterday. When I say "we" I mean Mel (and Bella helped).


Mel started with seeds in a special "green house" box, then transferred them to the boxes.


Setting up the boxes...Bella wanted to help with every step!



Getting some filler dirt for the bottom of the boxes. Mel added plenty of potting soil to the top half of the boxes so the roots would have enough room.


Adding potting soil, and finally...


Adding in the little plants! We got some great rain last night, so they're off to a great start. Hopefully, these little guys will do better than last year's garden. Our previous gardens have had big plants, but not a lot of produce.

2 comments:

The Clark Family said...

You are the blogging queen lately!! I love knowing what you guys are up to though!!

Wires Family said...

I know, Julie! I don't know what's going on...I think it's helped that we had your mom and dad, then her birthday, and my mom visiting...a lot going on! :)