Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Little House Of Horrors

Bella tends to be a pretty sturdy kid. She'll cry at the drop of a hat...or the slightest trip, but she rarely gets legitimately hurt. With that in mind, the last 18 hours or so have been a little rough on the kid. Last night when Camryn's daddy came to pick her up, we stood around talking, and suddenly noticed that there was blood on one of the chairs. A quick investigation of each child revealed this...

I have no idea how she got hurt, she never cried, and as you can see, by the time I got to her, the blood had pretty much dried up. My closest guess is that she scraped her knee on the fireplace, but I'm still not really sure.

This morning, Rex walked up to her and shoved her a number of times until she finally lost her balance and fell into the TV console. Let me just say real quick that I was present during all of this and was making my way (apparently in slow-motion) across the room to try and stop Rex. And before it sounds like Rex is a menace, I should fairly point out, that Bella can dish out her own share of shoves. Most of Rex's wounds have been self-inflicted from his own clumsiness, which I actually think is a little lucky so that I don't look like the worst childcare giver known to man.


Yes, I do realize that you can barely see the mark on her forehead.

So there you have it...I don't know if she felt like she wasn't getting enough attention (guffaw!), but she got plenty when I discovered her knee was pouring blood and she had a nice goose-egg on her forehead.

1 comment:

Norma Wires said...

I told you after the urgent care visit that she was going to take after her Daddy - he had more injuries than Stacey and Julie put together!