Saturday, March 19, 2011

"Is That the Chattanooga Choo-Choo?"

This weekend, Mel and I drove to Chattanooga, Tennessee to attend our church's annual women's retreat. This is my 4th year attending, and it is always a blessed event! It provides some much-needed girl bonding time, as well as always refreshing me spiritually. This year we met at the Chattanooga Choo-Choo Hotel which is located in the actual historic train station. Some of the rooms are even in the old train cars themselves!



After arriving on Friday evening, Mel and I dropped our bags in the hotel room and decided to walk around downtown. It's a cute little city and the weather was gorgeous! Saturday was divided between three sessions, lots of good food, and the longest game of bingo ever! my favorite thing from the weekend was that we had a chance to give each other communion on Friday night. We passed around pita bread and a glass of grape juice, and we held the bread for the woman next to us while saying, "This is the body of Christ; broken for you." Then we held out the cup for them to dip their bread in and said, "This is the blood of Christ; shed for you." It was a really special, intimate time.

Chattanooga is home to our dad's alma mater, Tennessee Temple University. Of course, we had to take some pictures around town! Here we are in front of the university's sign.

I have an old black-and-white picture of my dad catching a soccer ball as a goalie in college. We found the soccer field, but there was a fence around the whole thing that was locked. I thought it was completely logical to try and climb over, but after getting to the top, I was a little worried about ripping my new pants!


Okay, okay, Mel convinced me to come down off the fence and just take a nicely posed picture in front of the fence...with the goal in the background. We had a great weekend!

No comments: