Thursday, November 4, 2010

Signs Of Fall

Fall officially hit North Georgia this week! We've woken up to freezing rain most mornings, and it seems like overnight, people have gotten out their winter coats. I realize to people actually living in cold climates, it doesn't seem cold here, but 40 degrees is definitely cold enough for this Florida girl to start wearing turtlenecks! Here are signs around our house that Fall has arrived...
.


Having so much rain made my dahlia bushes explode! These beautiful peach blooms came like crazy at the beginning of the week, so I used them as a centerpiece for a dinner with friends on Monday. I love having fresh flowers in the house!
.

Our pumpkin dressed as a pilgrim turkey! When we went to the Pumpkin Patch, I specifically bought a pumpkin just to dress him up! These wooden pieces are made by Steve's dad and they look great! I've even had my neighbor ask how she can buy one.


Nasty grey clouds! I've actually been looking forward to cooler weather for awhile now - it's hard to get excited about Thanksgiving and Christmas when it's still 80 degrees outside. Unfortunately, it also means that my time outside with Bella is extremely limited.


Stopped at Target last night and couldn't resist this adorable pea coat for Bella! Steve's blue eyes look great anytime he wears red, so I'm thinking Bella's will do the same.

We have our "Official Wires Family Photo Shoot" this weekend with Ellen, a Senior in our youth group. She has done portraits of a lot of the families that we know, and I'm excited to work with her! Pray that Bella is in a good mood on Saturday morning!

2 comments:

The Garcia's said...

Love the pea coat!!

Norma Wires said...

Katie - tell your neighbor that I have some of the turkey decorations for sale in my Ebay store. (Apple Tree Alley) Or we could make arrangements to sell direct. They haven't been moving to well this year so I have about 9 sets left.