Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Man and Christmas Decorations

I guess those two titles should have been separate...first, my man! Steve received an award at the bank for Credit Analyst of the Month! It is the first time the bank has ever given out the award, so it's pretty cool for him. His bosses are going to take him out to lunch, but more importantly, he received a 1/2 day off for free! This means more time with the family for Thanksgiving! Wahoo! Bella doesn't exactly bring home a lot of artwork, so I taped Steve's certificate to the fridge.


Next...I know it's early (okay, VERY early), but I've already decorated for Christmas. I usually hold off a little longer than this, but we had a free weekend - very rare for us - so I decided to drag the boxes out of the attic and get some of it done. Having Bella be a little older inspired me to make some homemade decorations. I might be able to claim that Bella made them, because they definitely look like a child did them! I'm just telling myself that it makes it more "homey".

This is the only picture I took of the homemade crafts. I made a snowman and a bunch of paper snowflakes to hang in the windows. It won't snow in Georgia in time for Christmas, so this is the best I could do!

.


Our mistletoe! Hung in a very convenient spot with lots of traffic! The little neighbor boy that I watch in the afternoon (he's 9) is terrified that he's going to walk beneath it at the same time I do. I've promised him that I won't attack him.
.

And my favorite...a nativity set given to me by Steve's mom. It's from the Willow Tree company; I have quite a few of their pieces that are "maternity" or "parenting", and I just love this set! It always goes on our mantel.

I'll put up some more pictures when it's closer to the actual season!

1 comment:

The Clark Family said...

I'm glad you've decorated so I won't feel like I'm crazy when I do!! We are planning to decorate next weekend I think. I'd do it sooner if I had time! It all looks great and congrats to Steve!