Monday, July 11, 2016

December Happenings

Since the last "seasonal" post I wrote was about our visit to Santa, I wanted to catch up on a little more before posting our Christmas pictures. December was fun! I love all of the anticipation that happens this month - there's always something fun to do as we count down to Christmas!


This was our Sunday School class' Tacky Sweater Progressive Dinner Christmas Party. It was a blast! Mel and I forgot to plan ahead, but luckily, it worked out pretty great to pin Steve and I's weird, childhood Christmas ornaments to my sweater and call it a day. 


Bella has finally gotten too old for Breakfast at Bethlehem. She was a little sad about missing the animals, but Evelyn was thrilled to be a "big kid" this year and score a special date with Daddy. Also, how weird is her smile here? She looks like she had an allergic reaction to something and can't close her lips! I miss her natural, baby smile just a little bit. 


Papa, Mimi, and Rachel showed up the week before Christmas, and we had so much fun, baking cookies, shopping, playing, and reading the girls their Christmas books. 


Oh, and we played games, wrote letters to Santa, wrestled with Papa, and watched our favorite Christmas movies. 


The Christmas Eve service at our church has become one of my favorite traditions. You get to get dressed up, and I love that all of the kids get to be included in the service.


The days of getting all five of us to look at the camera at the same time - while smiling - are apparently over. This is the best we could do. 


Oh my goodness! Another incredibly cute tradition is Christmas PJ's. Grandma buys them each year, and there's just nothing cuter than kids in footie pj's.

Christmas PJ's mean we're all ready for Christmas morning!

No comments: