Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Someone Just Slap Me...

I've said it before in a previous post, but this past week, when Steve was gone, I was not a good mother. And I know, this is where someone says, "No, no, give yourself a break...", but seriously, I was not a good mom. Even though I knew all of the potential pitfalls going into a week without Steve, I still fell into every single one of them.
 
I was impatient, demanding, mean, hurried, with only a few moments of sweetness in between. I had a couple of brief moments that felt like fun, mommy/daughter moments, but as soon as my schedule got a little stressful, I turned into a not nice person and the girls bore the brunt of my stress.
 
I get an email everyday that offers encouragement to moms; it's an incredible website that is so very honest and godly and uplifting.
 
A few days ago, the topic was, "Is Motherhood A Burden?"

 
 
You are highly favored. It was exactly what I needed, and such a blessing to my soul.

1 comment:

Julie Clark said...

I've been there too many times to count. It so hard when our guys travel! So thankful for God's grace on me that forgives and for my forgiving kids & husband, too! :) Loved that article...such good reminders!