Tuesday, February 25, 2014

This And That...

Last week, Steve was gone and the house was officially on the market, so it fell on me to keep it clean and get the girls out if the house whenever it needed to be shown. We are so ready to be in our new house and settled! I haven't been great about keeping up with the blog in the midst of all that crazy, but here is a little taste of what we did last week...


On Sunday, the house was being shown, so after church, we grabbed the girls and headed to Matt and Caroline's for the afternoon. Steve helped Matt fix a radio for his truck and I crashed on the couch with Caroline.


Steve was off on Monday, so we tried to get some final projects done around the house. Our realtor suggested we paint our front door, just to make it a little more traditional. It broke my heart a little, but if it helped sell the house, I was willing to do just about anything!


The (almost) finished product. I actually liked how the black came out with the gold numbers. I ended up painting the door knocker, too, but not in time for this picture.


When Steve's not around, I tend to eat a lot of junk food! I may have raided Bella's stash of Valentines candy.


I dragged the girls all over kingdom come last week! Between working a little extra and having to get out of the house for showings, it was definitely not the calmest week. Have I said yet how ready I am to live down the street from church?
 

Spending so much time at work meant we got really comfortable with Aunt Carol, our church secretary! Evelyn decided to crash on her chair one day!
 

Thursday night was my last night without Steve and also Sean's award ceremony for basketball. He was so cute and there was a juggling show that was seriously legit! The man tossed machetes at one point! This was Evelyn during our closing prayer; I love how she's in her copying phase! She wants to be like Bella and Mama so badly!


We're having a problem with Evelyn raiding my bathroom drawers and my nightstand. Here, she's trying to apply my deodorant to her underarm. It would be cuter if she hadn't stuck it in her mouth and tried to take a bite right after this picture. So gross!


Steve came home in Friday and we celebrated with Taqueria Tsunami! I love this place so much, and luckily, they have enough variety that Steve isn't sick of it yet!

It was sooooo goooooooood to have him home!!! The girls and I missed him a ton, and I did not handle the week well as a single parent!

No comments: