Friday, November 9, 2012

We Need A Camera Crew Up In Here

I'm sure most parents wish they had a video camera going during all of the times their kids said something funny or cute! (Not during parenting fail moments; the camera would magically turn off anytime you lost your cool or let your kid eat Cheetos for breakfast.)

There are so many times throughout the day when I wish we had a camera going for Bella's "awesomeness". Sometimes it's a parenting bomb that I just feel the desperate need to document or something beautifully sweet that comes out of her mouth at the most unexpected moment.

Our MTV Real Life moments from this week:
  •  I brushed my teeth while driving in the car, using my unsweet tea as toothpaste. (True story.) 
  • On our way to preschool in a huge rainstorm, Bella insisted that the "tee tee was coming out", so I let her unbuckle and sit on the travel potty while we were driving down I-75. Then, she was being so sweet and talking to Evelyn while she sat there that I just let her stay there the entire way to school. So unsafe, but I didn't want to ruin the "sweet sibling" moment!
  • Bella told me today, "Mama, I want wings. Then I could fly like Buzz and Woody."
  • Last night, Steve and I laid in bed with Bella, in total darkness, and sang our final bedtime song, "There's Something Mighty Sweet About The Lord"...it was so sweet to hear her little voice join in and sing the words with us!
  •  Evelyn is so close to sitting up on her own! She's also propped herself up on all 4's a few times, so maybe crawling will come soon, too! She is definitely doing things differently than Bella. Bella would just wait to even try something until all of a sudden, she did it. Then, she felt she had mastered it and took off! With Evelyn, you can see her try over and over, and watch her little face process what she's doing.
  • While we were playing horses today, Bella put her horses' faces together and then said, "Mama, my horses can't play right now. They're talking about Jesus."

 
How do you make dinner preparations for enchiladas more interesting? Wear a baby on your chest! She still looks a little miserable from her cold; the ladies of the house are slowly, but surely improving! Oh, and I totally used the flash right in her face. Oops.

I'm sure there's more, but those are the ones that I can remember. Not too exciting, but it keeps a smile on our faces around here!

No comments: