Monday, November 26, 2012

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas!

Two posts in one day; I'm doing pretty good! I'm trying to make sure I stay on top of posting when so many fun things are going on this month! It took us all weekend - two kids make decorating difficult - but the house is finally done!


Our mantel...golds and reds with our stockings hanging, too! Evelyn got her new stocking this year!

 

A beautiful nativity that my mom got me a few years ago. Bella's little hands tend to break a lot of the pieces while she's playing, but glue heals them again! One of the angel's wings is barely hanging on and all of the sheep are missing at least one leg; I'm going to have to invest in some more super-glue soon!


My "rustic" dining room table. I'm not sure how practical it will be to actually eat on, but it's pretty for the time being! 

These stockings always make me wish I knew how to knit or crochet! Steve's mom has made one for each of her kids...and then their spouses and the grandkids! (I know, right?) I can't wait for Evelyn to get hers this year! They're in Bella's playroom window, and I think she assumes she's getting double stocking gifts this year!


I love wreaths! If I were filthy rich, (well, first I would travel more, but THEN...) I would buy wreaths! I love big, natural ones that are filled with berries and fruit and different types of branches! Okay, I'm done with my little moment there.


I love this nativity scene by our front door! Steve's mom has been buying me the different pieces for a few years now, and it's so simple and beautiful. Bella has the hardest time keeping her little fingers off of this set because of the little sheep! We currently have a headless wise man that is creeping me out.


Our advent calendar in the playroom! I moved these socks to three different places in the house before I found a spot that I liked them in. I'm so excited to start this with Bella in December!

No comments: