Saturday, September 8, 2012

Saturday Was Busy...

Today was fun and busy! The house has taken a minor hit for the sake of new projects and fun!


I actually went around the house on Friday afternoon and took pictures of the rooms. Every single room had some sort of disaster going on...this is our bedroom...for some reason, it always seems to look the worst! I know you're going to say that it doesn't look that bad, but somehow the picture doesn't do it justice.


The space by my bed...it's still not clean (as of Saturday night), but I've thrown away the McDonald's cup!


One of my projects on Friday night and Saturday morning. This is our entryway; I don't know if you'd call it rearranging or re-doing, but we changed it! I have to give a huge shout out to my design-savvy husband. I hung the pictures and then I was totally stuck about which table I wanted in the space. I was thinking of painting one of our tables white, but Steve suggested this little white table and aqua blue chair that was sitting in our bedroom. It adds a fun pop of color, and I feel like the space is very "us" now. (Simple pleasures!)


Steve working in the garage on sanding and painting a new shelf for Evelyn's room. My next project that I'm slowly saving for...painting our front door yellow! Our extra money over the next few months is going towards Christmas, so I may have wait awhile on any new projects. Hopefully, our yellow door will be able to make an appearance in January!


I spent some time with our Family Pastor, Todd, on Thursday, asking him a lot of parenting questions. We need all the help we can get with our wonderful, defiant, energetic, opinionated, little kumquat. One of his suggestions for my type-A personality was to chill and have more fun with Bella. So today while I was working in the dining room, I spread a tarp on the floor, stripped her down, and let her share my paint. She had a blast! And she handled the messy paint really well, too! One step at a time...


Daddy getting some work done while Bella and I worked on our paint projects.


Evelyn chilling with Auntie Mel. I took the picture right before she actually smiled. Bummer!


Her eyes still haven't decided if they want to be brown or blue, but I think they'll end up brown. Look at her cute little lips! I could seriously just kiss her all day long!


This is Evelyn's new trick...if your hand gets anywhere near her mouth, she acts like a little pirahna, and lunges for it! Then she starts chomping down...I think she's close to teething.


Daddy working on "I Am Second" and getting his turn with Evelyn.


This was my project today - painting canvases for Rex's mama. Well, technically, it's for Rex's new little brother! Jen asked me to paint some wording on canvases for Zac's nursery, and I was so nervous! She wanted the top phrase to be in cursive and the bottom to be in block lettering; this is how it turned out. I was really happy with it, so I hope she likes it, too!

Okay, so all of that was just Saturday morning. I didn't have time to take pictures of the rest! We spent the afternoon at Charli's 2nd birthday party! She was an adorable little vision in pink, and we loved spending the time with our friends!

Steve and I actually got to have a date night, too! We took the motorcycle to a place we haven't tried yet called Marlow's Tavern. The food was "eh", but we had a great time and laughed a ton! Always a win!

Whew! So that was our Saturday!


No comments: