Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I Need Something Stronger In My Tea

There's a reason I beg Steve for alcohol. So far, he hasn't given in...

While Bella and I were watching a movie this morning, she knelt beside me on the bed and started rubbing her face on my shoulder like a cat. I tried so hard to sit still, but she did it over and over! Oh, and she had Cheetos residue all over her hands. I tried to gently move away, and she yelled out, "I want to rub on you!" The kid is so weird! I love her hugs, but there are days when she tries to caress me in the creepiest way. That's right, I said "caress". It's what she does.

Bella apparently felt she wasn't getting enough attention yesterday, because she copped a squat in the middle of her bedroom and peed on the floor. Steve would have been very proud of me, because I stayed super-calm and just told her we only go tee-tee in the potty.

Walking into Wal-Mart yesterday, she looked at me sweetly, and asked, "I lick you please, Mama?" I sweetly replied, "Um, no thank you, that's okay."

Every Sunday, the Sunday School teachers reinforce three main statements to the kids: God made me. God loves me. Jesus wants to be my friend forever. Steve has been reminding Bella of these every night as he tucks her in. He says the line, and Bella repeats it. So far it's been a week or so, and Bella's version is a little off. She says, "God made me. God loves me. Rex will be my friend forever!" No matter how many times we say it, Rex always comes out at the end.

Car conversations are the best. My favorite one this week was Bella saying, "Mama! Mama! Peter Pan was flying, and he pinched my bottom! He's so silly!"



Clothes can be so cumbersome when you're trying to get your sweat on.

Hope everyone is having a good Wednesday! I'm dreaming about pedicures and margaritas!

No comments: