Monday, September 24, 2012

Road Trip And Silly Faces

We had a Sunday School picnic on Friday night and I haven't posted those pictures yet, but I already had these pictures on the computer, so we're a little out of order.

A wonderful woman in our Sunday School class experienced the loss of her mother pretty suddenly last week, and Trey called Steve on Saturday morning to ask if Steve wanted to make a road trip down to Florida with him and go to the funeral to support our friend.

It was hard at first for us to decide whether it was best for Steve to leave on a day-and-a-half road trip when we don't get much time together to begin with, so I suggested the girls and I go along. Not the ideal time period, but it accomplished all of our goals: Trey and Steve were able to support our friend at her mother's funeral, the guys got at least a little bit of a "bro's trip", and Steve and I got to be in the close proximity of each other. I don't think we got much of a chance to speak to each other in those 30 hours, but we got to make eye contact! It also gave the girls and I a quick trip to see Papa and Mimi since the funeral was close to my parents' house.

We left at 4:00 PM on Saturday afternoon, got to my parents' house at about 1:00 AM, got to go to church on Sunday morning and eat lunch, then left at about 2:30 PM to head home and got in around 11:00 PM last night. Whew!

I didn't take any pictures of our little road trip, but Bella got a hold of Daddy's phone and had quite the adventure! Steve and I laid in bed last night (exhausted!) and giggled at the weird faces she had left behind!






She took 137 pictures of her face, nostrils, eyeballs, and tongue! Most of them were way too close up to distinguish, but I love seeing the way her odd little mind works!

No comments: