Wednesday, July 4, 2012

July 4th Celebration!

Steve and I agreed that our ideal July 4th celebration would involve a big cookout with friends and then laying on a blanket to watch the fireworks show. With two, small bundles of joy - not so much. :) It wasn't our best 4th of July celebration, but we still had fun moments!

After naptime, we took Bella and Evelyn to a festival in downtown Woodstock. There was a bouncy house that Bella LOVED, and a little art fair that we could walk around. We also found a booth selling snow cones, so my afternoon was pretty much made!


Jumping around in the bouncy house! She was so excited about the "tractor house"!


Evelyn wearing her cute little outfit to supervise Daddy working on the car this morning.


Asking if Mama wants her snow cone back. The answer was yes!


Bella and Mama...love my little firecracker!!! It was so hot outside, but we had fun!


Happy Birthday, America! In honor of your birthday, we took a picture together!


I wanted a cute, "matchy" picture with the two girls so badly!!! Bella can be a bugger when we want her to pose in front of a camera, so we had been preparing her all day. She did really well and actually cooperated, but Evelyn was not having it!


Bella kept asking, "Bevie sad, Mama?" (Oh yeah, when Evelyn was first born, we called her "Baby Evie", so Bella combined the sounds and started calling her "Bevie". Lesson learned.)

By the time all of that was over, we decided not to go see fireworks. I was a little disappointed, but Steve reminded me that we have the next 15 years or so to drag our girls to family memories under the fireworks. That's why I married my husband! He understands what makes me tick!

No comments: