Friday, June 1, 2012

Catching Up On The Last Week...

We've had three things going on in the last week...Evelyn turned one month old, we took a trip to Florida for Memorial Day, and I found out that I had a cyst on my "lady bits" that was causing some intense pain.

Evie is one month! I know it's cliche, but I can't believe it's already been a month since she was born! Nursing has become much more natural. I'm still a rookie when it comes to using the nursing cover in public, but I'm getting better! Evie seems to be on a little bit of a schedule, especially at night. She tends to nurse at 10:00, 1:00, 4:00, and 7:00. I should add "-ish" to all of those times, but at least it's a general schedule. We keep saying that we're going to compare photos of she and Bella at the same age, so here it is.

                                          
So, what do you think? Evie is in the swimsuit and Bella is in the black outfit. I think Bella is actually a couple of weeks older in this picture, but they're close enough. Bella definitely had more hair at this age. I think a few of my girlfriends were praying that Evie would be bald, so I'm thankful she has any hair! Bella also seems a little chubbier, but that may be because she's a couple weeks older. I think they have a lot of similarities! Evie has Steve's "crinkle ears" that Bella never had, but they have the same chin and nose. We'll see if they become more different as Evie gets older!

I'll do a post on Memorial Day sometime this weekend. A friend of ours took pictures since it was Rachel's graduation, and I have about 400 photos to sift through...it's definitely going to require someone keeping Bella and Evelyn busy for an hour.

This may be the TMI portion of the post, but here's an update on my lady bits. I know you were waiting...I've been hurting for awhile now, and just assumed it was normal healing from a natural birth. At first I thought it was hemorrhoids, and then I thought the bones of my bottom were bruised from Evie's head being down there for an extended period during labor. I still didn't know why I was hurting this much at 5 weeks, but I thought I had to suck it up and let my body heal. A few days ago I felt a lump that seemed to be very hard. I knew it wasn't normal, so I made an appointment right away.

I went in yesterday and found out that I have a cyst that had become infected. Apparently, it was the size of a ping pong ball and was just below the skin. You would think I'd have felt it before, but at least I finally had a reason for the pain! The doctor drained part of the cyst, which was extremely unpleasant, and even more so since I had Bella and Evie with me (stupid me, I know). She didn't drain it completely, but sent me home with an antibiotic and said it would continue to drain on its own. So that's where I am today...very tender from being "messed with" yesterday and praying the medicine will work. I'm supposed to be helping out with VBS at our church this coming week, but we'll have to see how the weekend goes.

We are praying that everything heals well! I'm very paranoid since it's an area that I can't see, and really, who wants to hear the words "infected cyst" when talking about lady parts? Not me! I am ready to be healthy and pain-free and back to normal after this baby!

I'll post about Memorial Day soon!

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

So glad to see the comparison pics...I was thinking Evie totally looks like Bella but I can see big differences too now! Both are just so beautiful:) Molly has been obsessed with Evie since getting to hold her at church and even named a little bear after her:) Oh, and the cyst...totally had one in the same place that ruptured right before getting pregnant with Molly and I thought I was dying, like said-my-goodbyes-to-Ryan dying. Praying for your healing!