Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

I'm finally getting to this post! I think the idea of sifting through so many pictures was a bit daunting, so I'll just post some of my favorites. This was our first big trip since having Evie, and I think it went really well! Bella did great in the car and was actually able to sleep. I nursed Evie while we were driving...I was nervous about that, but she took to it just fine.

Rachel's graduation was wonderful! There were 23 teens graduating from her class; it was inspiring and moving to see so many special needs kids who had made such great accomplishments! You could tell how proud they were of themselves. We had a graduation party for Rachel on Friday night with a bunch of our friends - just a cookout and pool party, but fun and relaxing!


Rachel's teacher introducing her to the audience. We are so proud of her!!!


Our family picture after graduation. It was so nice to have Grandma and Grandpa Zinn meet Evie and spend time together!


Our great memory of the weekend!!! Mel, Mom, and I were standing on a dock during Rachel's party to have a picture taken, and all of a sudden, the dock gave away! Thankfully, no one was seriously hurt and we ended up laughing hysterically! In my head, I was screaming, "The dock is falling! The dock is falling!"


Our post-disaster picture...proof that we survived. Even though the water was only up to our waist, we fell backwards, so we all got soaked!


Spent some great time on Saturday by the pool. Bella kept "surprising" Papa by throwing a bucket of water in his face! She would throw the water and then run away and giggle!


Evie and I sleeping by the pool; it was great!


Saturday night, we all went out to dinner and then walked along the bay.


Family picture after church


Playing in the water with Bella! She loved the beach!


Enjoying the beautiful weather


Our biggest little human, playing in the sand.

The entire weekend was a great mini-vacation! Papa got to meet Evie for the first time and we got to take both girls to the beach. We can't wait to get a long weekend with Steve's family over Labor Day!

No comments: