Sunday, June 10, 2012

Catching Up A Little...

There are a couple of events that I wanted to share that I just uploaded pictures for. First off...(drum roll, please)...Steve and I had a date night a few weeks ago! Woo Hoo! We actually left the house for five solid hours and didn't return until after 11:00 PM. Trust me, that's a first in many months! We left both girls with Mel and I had built up a supply of breastmilk from pumping, so she just fed Evie a couple of bottles. It was a little emotional for me as I was leaving, but once we got going, it felt so good to be completely free!

We went to dinner at Willy's, a little Mexican place here, and then went to see The Avengers. I seriously can't tell you how long it's been since we've been to dinner AND a movie! When I was pregnant, it always seemed like I was too tired for both, and it was just easier to come home and watch TV in bed. (I make it sound so glamorous, don't I?) We came home from our date so refreshed! It was a blast to catch up and have fun together with just the two of us!


Not a great picture, but the only one I have of the two of us that night. Thankful for Mel living with us, so we could have some time together!


Our tickets for The Avengers...I loved the comic book/fantasy aspect of it, and the one-liners were fantastic! Just a really fun movie!

The other thing I wanted to post pictures of was Bella's first sleepover at a friend's house! About a month before Evie was due, our friends, Ryan and Ashleigh, graciously agreed to keep Bella for a night while we stayed and crashed at home by ourselves. I blogged about our weekend previously, but I just stole these pictures off of Asheigh's blog. I was so nervous about how Bella would adapt, but she was a trooper! No tears and she and her friend, Molly, had a great time!


Why in the world is Molly pushing Bella when poor Molly is a good head shorter than Bella?!? I'm telling you, Bella is just a wee bit bossy, and I know Molly is a big sweetie - she probably didn't think twice when Bella got on!


Fun with sidewalk chalk! I love how they're both sitting the same way in this picture! So cute!

What a fun weekend for the two girls and we had a great time, too! We definitely owe Ryan and Ashleigh a night away!

2 comments:

The Clark Family said...

We had the same date night Saturday. We loved the movie, too! Glad you guys are getting some time alone!

Ashleigh said...

Yay! I'm glad you saw my post on this as I meant to share the pics with you personally and never got around to it;) fun fun:)