Monday, April 23, 2012

Yuckies Drama And Baby

Little Human #1:

We started potty training about two weeks ago, and it has been surprisingly easy! Bella really took to it this time, and we haven't had any accidents since the 3rd day of training! She loves wearing her "big girl underwear" and knows they're supposed to stay dry.

But then there's poop...poop has NOT gone as smoothly. (No pun intended!) We went through every day last week with Bella making little shrieking noises when she started to feel the urge to go. She absolutely refused to poop. It's been very stressful and very exhausting, with tears from both of us!

I think we finally may have turned a corner yesterday! Long story short, we gave her something to make her go and plopped her little rear end on the toilet. There were tears, but a lot less than a few days ago, and she was very proud of her accomplishment! Afterwards, she said wanted to go
"yuckies" on the potty two more times and she actually went!

Bella even wanted to keep her big girl underwear on for bedtime, and we figured...why not? There's a plastic pad on the mattress, so I figured, worst case scenario was that she woke me up in the middle of the night with an accident. BUT! No accidents! She woke up this morning and right away said she had to pee on the potty, and her sheets were dry!

I know that this is no guarantee that she will now be able to wear underwear every night with no accidents. but we thought it was a good sign. I'm not really claiming any credit on this process going well - I think it has everything to do with her age and that it finally just clicked in her little brain.We're still praying that it doesn't all go downhill when the baby arrives.

Which brings us to...

Little Human #2 

Steve and I are ready for this baby to join the outside world! I really didn't want her to come last week...we had Bella's birthday, special preschool snack, a pediatrician's appointment, a visit to Ms. Betty's house, and lunch with Steve downtown...not the best week to stop everything and go into labor.

This week, though, is wide open! We really, really, really want her to come early! I know God has perfect timing, and it will work out just fine, but after a bajillion days of being this fat, I feel like I'm just sitting around and waiting. Lots of waiting...

I have a visit with our midwife on Tuesday and that's really the only thing going on this week...maybe I should try and make this week busy, too, just so I don't go crazy. I will say this much...I've been having a blast with Bells as we hang out during the day. We get to do fun little outings with just the two of us, but we're ready for the second little human to make her appearance!

Six days and counting!

No comments: