Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Happy Birthday, Little Kumquat!

My dearest Bella,

Today is your birthday, and I can’t believe you are already three years old! You have become a little girl right before our eyes, and your Daddy and I have loved every minute of your transformation!

You are such a unique little human - you are obsessed with stickers (I mean, obsessed!) and “Cinderella dresses”. You love all sorts of animals. And the wind and the sky and the moon…you love anything that has to do with being outside! You love bubbles and baby dolls, and you love playing games with your family!

I love telling Daddy all of the silly things that you say throughout our day together! When we were in the car today, you told me that “Rexicans is push-ed me.” I think you were hoping to get some sympathy, even though Rex wasn’t even in the car with us! Yesterday, you patted your chest and yelled, “Mama! My ‘boovies’ are here! Right here on my tummy!” You were very proud to have found your “boovies.”

You are about to be a big sister, and I can’t wait to see how you interact with your baby sister! I know there will be times when you feel left out, but I promise you that we love you so much and you are going to be a wonderful help to Mama as we all adjust to having a new little baby in the house! Even now, you are fascinated by the baby in Mama’s tummy. Whenever you want to see the baby move, you put your little eye up to Mama’s belly button like you’re trying to look through a periscope; it’s so cute!

One of my favorite things about you at this age is all of the ways you are becoming your own, independent person, and yet, there are so many ways that you are just like Daddy and I! You love to sing and you don’t care who hears; you also don’t adjust well to change…I think you get that from me. I smile at how much you love music and love to drum on any surface, and you love to eat spicy foods! You get all of those things from your Daddy!

Somehow, your Daddy from Ohio and your Mama, who loves being a “Yankee”, are raising a little Southern girl, and your favorite phrase right now is, “Oh-Mah-Goooodness!” It makes you sound like a feisty, Georgian grandma who just discovered her prized roses had been destroyed! It’s fantastic!

We love you so much, baby girl, and we are so honored to be your parents! We pray for you every day, that God will guide your steps and give us wisdom as we raise you. Happy birthday from Daddy and I!

Love always,
Your Mama

p.s. Thank you so much for getting potty trained before your baby sister made her appearance! I’m not sure how my diaper budget would have handled two! You’re amazing!

1 comment:

Norma Wires said...

Such a special letter for
Bella to read and treasure some day. We love you all! Mom and Dad W