Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What We've Been Up To This Week...

It's been a good bonding week here so far! Now that we are done dog-sitting and I'm not watching Rex anymore, it has been our first week of just Bella and I. I have to say, it's been a lot of fun! Don't get me wrong, I usually hit my "one-on-one-Bella-limit" around 4 o'clock each day (is that wrong to admit?) , but we're getting a lot of good playtime in, too!

I told Steve this month that whenever we ran out of diapers, I was going to start potty-training again. We started on Tuesday, after naps, and it has been a completely different experience than 6 months ago! Okay, I know, it's only been a day and a half, but Bella definitely understands more now, and even though there have been accidents, the whole process is much calmer. No screaming and very low drama (which is rare for she and I). Mel and I took her out of the house today, and there were no accidents! She told us four different times that she had to pee or "go yuckies" and each time, we made it to a bathroom. I know there are still many hiccups in our future, but this has been such a wonderful praise!

Running errands with Mama is so much easier when there's only one kid! Now if only we could convince her that she's wearing her sunglasses upside down.

I promise, this looks a lot more dangerous than it was. I was standing right there, guiding her hands. We were making dinner for Daddy last night, and Bella wanted to help. We cut up avocados, hard-boiled eggs, and tomatoes. Plus, look at her cute little painted fingernails! It was one of our actitivies while I was trying to keep her occupied during potty training.

We went outside this afternoon and spent a few hours on a blanket in the sun. Bella built safari anumals with her blocks, and I got to do voices for the assorted creatures. She is so much calmer during playtime now that it's just her and I. It's really neat to see her focused and engaged in an activity for longer periods of time whether I'm there or not.

This weekend will be her birthday party! I can't believe our little human turns three next week!

1 comment:

The Clark Family said...

Sounds like you are having a great week and yay for the good potty training experience!!!