Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Weekend

I was going to try and write a few separate posts to cover our whole weekend, but I decided to combine them instead. Warning: there are a TON of pictures! Hopefully, I don't go crazy trying to write captions and space them all out. Cross your fingers...

Our first "Easter" activity started weeks ago; I found an idea online to grow your own grass in a small dish and then put the whole dish in your Easter basket to make it look pretty! It didn't take any work and I loved having really grass! Not a huge deal, but definitely something I would do again! I'm waiting for Martha's people to call me...

On Friday, Steve got off of work at noon, so we had a wonderful, relaxing afternoon! He and Bella colored Easter eggs while I made dinner. It was messy, but a lot of fun! This is the first year that Bella was able to really be involved with the activities.

We only did 6 eggs to keep it simple, but Bella loved naming all of the colors as she and Daddy waited for the dye to stain the eggs.

Heading to the Egg Scramble at church. All of the volunteers did such a great job with the games and set-up. Bella had an absolute blast!

Bella wanted to do everything and it was fun (and tiring) to watch her excitement level as she ran around! We colored with chalk, played on the inflatables, rocked out to the hula hoops, and drank Coke (her special treat)!

Starting out on our egg hunt...everyone was very friendly and we had no problem filling our basket.

Once she picked up her first egg, she plopped down on the grass and started eating the lollipop inside. I decided to pick up some eggs for her...luckily, a lot of moms were helping. :)

Our annual Easter picture...once a year, my amazing husband agrees to match Bella and I in whatever we're wearing. This year involved pink, and I have to say, I think we pulled it off pretty well! I love this picture!

Playing with bubbles after church. Grandma Wires sent special bubbles that were colored - they looked really cool and Bells was thrilled!

When Bella got sick of being in front of the camera, we actually got to sneak in an "us" photo.

Happy Easter! We hope you had a wonderful weekend celebrating our risen Savior!

No comments: