Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Oh, The Thinks She Can Think!



Not only is this a beloved Dr. Seuss title, but it's also a nicer version of what goes through my head on an almost hourly basis. The little human and other assorted lovelies in the house definitely keep me on my toes! I frequently find them, engrossed in some activity and immediately think, "What in the world? How did you? WHY?!?" Please tell me other mothers do this!

Sometimes it's hard to discipline because I'm secretly so impressed that Bella figured out how to do whatever it is that she's doing at that moment. Like the time she climbed on the dining room table and threw the pine cones down for Rex to play with. Or when she covered herself in dirt...in the middle of the bedroom...from a potted plant! She doesn't do bad things all day long, she just does things that I wouldn't have thought of.

Her escapades this morning were minor ones, but still had me a little impressed that she figured out how to cram her chubby little legs under that table without knocking anything off. All in the pursuit of "bbbbbbbzzzzzzzzsssss." (bugs)

This is Bella's best "I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about" face. I think she assumes that cluelessness will be confused with innocence.

"But Mama! I HAD to show Rex where the bugs were!"

Bella's faithful companion...always ready to follow her into any battle!

No comments: