Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Traveling With Daddy

 We have the best husband and daddy ever! Last week, Steve traveled to Boca Raton, Florida. I did a lot better on my stress level and how I interacted with the girls, but man, did I miss him! Like, a freakish amount. I may have cried more than once. Aren't hormones fun?

On Thursday, I texted him and asked him to be open to the possibility of us going with him during the second week. Honestly, I didn't think there was any chance he said yes. I assumed he would still fly and there was no way he'd be open to paying all the extra money for the girls and I to drive down separately. Plus, I wasn't even sure I wanted to drive 9 hours by myself! At this point, I was just desperate. 

Well, my awesome husband sent me an email, and he had worked it all out! He arranged it with his company for him to drive down with us, and he used his Hilton points to reserve a hotel room at the halfway point so that we wouldn't have to make the drive in one day. 


Car snacks on our way down...Bella was allowed to pick out powdered donuts, and they were a big hit! 


Our first morning, snuggling in bed. Florida always has really sporadic Spring weather, so even when it says 60% chance of rain, it never actually rains all day! Which was great for us! Our first day, we watched cartoons right after breakfast, and ventured out to the beach later in the morning.


The girls loved the water, and Evelyn is much braver than Bella was at her age!



I didn't worry about bathing suits at first - big mistake! Bella was covered head-to-toe in sand and water, so we sneaked back into the hotel through a side entrance and changed before heading back to the beach!


They were tuckered out on the way home!

 
We came back to the hotel for baths and met Steve for lunch.


Lunch was delicious at a place called The Cheese Course! Yum!


We came back from lunch and the girls actually took a nap! I couldn't believe it!

When they woke up, we grabbed some snacks and ate by the pool. It was raining, so we only stayed for a little while and ended up finishing our snacks in the room.


Tickle fights with Dadsy when he got home! I promise, Bella was here, too; she just doesn't like pictures.


Dinner was at Charm City Burgers - boardwalk-style fries and huge burgers!


The girls loved being with Daddy! Even the extra stress of having the girls at the beach and hotel room by myself was completely worth it when we got to see Steve everyday!


Walking on the beach after dinner


So close to getting all of us looking at the camera!


We loved enjoying the sunshine!

It was a very full first day, trying to keep the girls happy and occupied instead of stuck in a hotel room, but it was a fun day, too! Getting to see Daddy broke up some of the crazy! I'm so thankful we get to be with him this week!



No comments: