Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Birthday Fun!

Is there ever going to be a time when I'm not playing "catch up" on this blog? I know there will be again; I've just got to hold out for it!
 
My 31st birthday was about a week and a half ago, and it was a great weekend! The actual day was on a Monday, so that wasn't too exciting, but Steve took me out on Saturday night to a delicious restaurant called Aspens. We've wanted to check this place out for awhile, and it did not disappoint.
 
I had the lobster bisque, filet mignon, and garlic mashed potatoes. They served their bread with a fantastic hummus, so by the time we got done with that and I ate my lobster bisque, I barely has any room for my dinner! Everything was so delicious! I should have taken pictures of the food, but I left my phone in the car so that I wouldn't be distracted. In the middle of moving and selling the house, it was wonderful to take a night for just the two of us and go out on a date!
 
Monday was my actual birthday, and Mel came over to hang out for the day! Her schedule's pretty crazy, so it was fun to have her all afternoon. We ran some errands, ate lunch out, and she helped with the girls. That night, we met some friends at Taqueria Tsunami! This is absolutely my new favorite place! (Well, maybe not new; it has been for a couple of months now.) Trey and Whitney both came, along with Matt, Caroline, Mel, Bobby, and Jen! It was super fun! Ironically, we were the only ones who ended up not finding a babysitter, so our girls were there, too, but they did great!
 
I love all of my birthday goodies - both of our parents sent some fun birthday money, so I was able to get some new dresses at Target and a new Spring wreath for my door! Steve got me a gold wedding band to wear when I have on my other gold jewelry. (Yes, I like my jewelry to match; I know, it's weird, but I love it!) Whitney and Trey gave me skull head Salt & Pepper shakers! How awesome is that! I think Whitney intended them for my next Halloween party, but I have them out now because they're so cool! Mel's love language is gifts, so she loves spoiling people on their birthdays! She got me a new, mint scarf, chocolate croissants from La Madeleine's, flowers for my front porch, and a set of antique, ceramic birds. I was very spoiled, and I loved the extra time with our friends!
 


No comments: