Friday, August 30, 2013

Two Steps Back...

I'm a whirlwind of emotions. Is "whirlwind" the right word? I feel like I'm bipolar or schizophrenic, or whatever condition has random emotional swings.
 
I'm okay in this moment...and I'll never feel okay again.
 
I play and laugh...and I feel like my insides will never stop crying.
 
I stop crying. I calm down...and I remember why I was crying in the first place.
 
I am so thankful for my two beautiful girls...and I'm dying for the baby girl who will never be here.
 
My husband is a rock, but I know he's completely broken, too.
 
I'm tired of crying. I'm physically tired from crying. My head hurts. My throat hurts.
But the reason for crying doesn't go away. I left my baby at the hospital. And in a few days, her ashes will come home.
 
It's only been a week. How is that possible? It's only been a week.
Is this too depressing to say out loud? Saying it out loud makes me feel less crazy. I feel broken. 
 
I know that's absolutely normal. I listen to Steve. I believe him when he tells me that it's okay that we're not okay. That, even in five years, if we have a night like tonight, it will still be okay. But a night like tonight makes it hard for me to remember the Bible verses.
 
I just keep saying Deuteronomy 33:27 to myself. Over and over and over.
 
"...and underneath are the everlasting arms."
 
Lord, may it be true.

 

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

I'm catching up on your blog and I realized today that several of my text messages to you have gone unsent without my knowledge...which explains why you haven't texted back;). Anyway, I love you and I pray for you every day just because of these moments. Lots of love to you.