Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Little Human #3 Update

 We had an OBGYN appointment on Tuesday morning for baby #3. So far, everything about this pregnancy has been so different than the first two. This time around, it has definitely not felt like rainbows and giggles. Physically, I have felt fine. Not a lot of throwing up and not much nausea. My biggest complaint has been constant exhaustion, but I've learned that all parents with small children seem exhausted 24/7, so I'm not really unique in that.
 
We were hoping to get a sonogram this time to find out the baby's gender and also check the position of the placenta, but the midwife wanted to push that back another two weeks. I'll admit, a part of me was hugely disappointed - I had found a babysitter, Steve got off work - I didn't understand the reasoning of pushing it back. The midwife, Monica, came in to check the heartbeat, and she couldn't find it. At this point, I wasn't really worried; for some reason, it seemed more comical. I kept trying not to look at Steve too much, because all I could think of was, "Of course! Why would this baby make it easy?"
 
I laid there for a very long 4 or 5 minutes while Monica did her best, but she finally decided to do the sonogram after all, just so we could have the peace of mind of knowing the baby was okay. I didn't argue, since I had wanted the sonogram so badly in the first place! It was too early for a full anatomy check, but the sonogram tech said she was pretty sure it's a girl. Another girl! That's pretty much what we were expecting (apparently, we don't make boys), so I had a much better reaction than I did with Evelyn! Unless this little one grows a "wee wee" in the next month, we'll have three little girls running around this house! My most wonderful boy name, Henry, will have to be passed to Mel's babies.
 
Unfortunately, I still have placenta previa, which means the placenta is located lower down in the uterus than it's supposed to be, so I have to take it easy. I have no idea what "take it easy" means when you have two small children, but I promised not to run any marathons. The sonogram tech also felt the baby was measuring towards a later due date, so she moved my due date back to January 24th. It's only 9 days later, so in my mind, it wasn't a big deal. Steve and I asked Monica how they know the difference between whether the original due date based on my period was wrong or the baby was measuring smaller than it should. She wasn't exactly sure, so she's going to take our file to the next meeting with all of the doctors and midwives in the practice to see what they thought. We'll hopefully know more about the due date, the anatomy scan, and the placenta at the next appointment in September. (It always seems like we're waiting for the "next appointment". Ugh!)

 
Little one had her hand up to her mouth during the sonogram.
 
Last night, we sat in bed and looked up girl names. Here are our favorites...not really in any order; these are just ones that caught our eye. It's fun to plan!
 
Lillian (Steve's current favorite)
Agnes
Rosalind or Rosalie
Camellia (My current favorite)
Lena
Suzanne
Charlotte
Carolyn/Caroline
Elizabeth
Charlotte
Louisa
 
My favorite middle name ideas are Grey and Louise, or maybe a family name, but we're still thinking...

1 comment:

The Clark Family said...

Excited to hear your update! My favorite names are actually yours and Steve's favorites...with maybe Rosalia thrown in:) Praying for you!