Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Happy Pauses!

We've tried throughout this entire process to keep life as normal as possible for the girls. Play time with friends, gymnastics class for Bella, normal schedules, all of that. When my parents were here, we got to walk around the Square and take the girls to lunch at Taqueria Tsunami.
 
Bella loves the fountain at the Square and playing on the train with the rest of the kids.

 
Enjoying a blue raspberry Italian ice for dessert with an old-school Coke! She was in heaven! 


Daddy and Evelyn near the fountain


Mimi and Bella throwing pennies and making wishes!


Dad and I taking a break on the benches.


Rachel seemed to enjoy the girls more this time. Sometimes, they can freak her out with the noise level, but Evelyn was fascinated by Rachel, and Rachel seemed to enjoy the attention!


Playing in the water!

 
"Look, Mama, I'm all wet!"
 

She is so close, but still not brave enough to take steps on her own! At 16 months old, I just keep telling myself she'll do it eventually. (And to be honest, I'm hoping "eventually" means tomorrow!)

 
Looking up at Daddy! Her chubby little self has been a lifesaver for Steve and I! I've been so thankful that she is still in her baby stage for a little longer, so that we can snuggle and hold her.


2 comments:

Kaylie said...

Love the pictures Katie! I want you to know that everything you're thinking and feeling is normal...(unless I'm completely crazy too!!) Glad you have Evelyn. Can you imagine what it would be like without her? (or Bella for that matter). I know Bryce got a lot of extra attention and loving when we lost Meghan. I think we still have a special relationship today because of that. The Psalms were a HUGE comfort for me at that time too, which I know you've posted a couple of verses. I remember being frustrated, yet comforted, that life just went on. You somehow want everyone, but no one, to know what you've gone through. I remember getting upset with people that got upset about very minor issues in their lives. Anyway, a few random thoughts. Love you and I'm still praying for you daily!
Stacey

Wires Family said...

Stacey, Thank you so much! That is exactly how I've felt - everyone and no one should know what is going on. :) I have been reading Psalms 40 when I get overwhelmed. I just keep my Bible open to that passage on my bedside table, since the mornings and evenings seem to be the hardest. Love you, too!
Katie