Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year's And Resolutions!


This is what our living room looked like on New Year's...pretty snazzy, huh? It was cold and rainy here, so we laid around the house, watched movies, and ate a lot. 

I know resolutions are overrated and cliche, but I still like to set goals for myself, and post-Christmas always seems like a good time to evaluate what I'd like to accomplish in this coming year. Last year, one of my goals was to become a better prayer warrior. This has been an epic fail. I found my prayer journal dated January 13, 2012...and the entire journal was empty. I am just not good at writing my prayers down.

Another goal was to do Jillian Michael's workout video, 30 Day Shred. I'm chuckling as I admit that Steve and I have never gotten past Day Four.

So, my goals for 2013:
  • Read through the entire Bible - Steve did this last year, and I was really proud of him! He's doing it again this year and so is Whitney, so I thought I would jump on their bandwagon and try it, too! I've set my homepage on the computer to the Bible reading plan to help me see it first thing.  
  • Homeschool Bella for preschool - I want to use the Summer to be prepared and ready; I don't want this to be something that she and I battle over or something that adds more stress to our family.
  • Start a Bible study in my home - Whether it's with neighbors, other moms, or a breakout group from the I Am Second group, I'd love to have women in my home to study the Bible.
  • Get pregnant - We are hopefully not done having babies, but it has always been difficult for us to get pregnant. ("Difficult" is a relative term; both times it's taken us about a year.) I'd love it if this 3rd time could happen without medical intervention; not for any health purposes, just so it could truly be a surprise instead of a joyous relief!
  • Be healthier with my food choices and activities - I would like to cut down on fast food runs that I make for me (and Bella...again, epic fail.) I don't really have a goal weight, but I'd really like to have better cardio endurance. And I'd really like to have a habit of consistent exercise before we get pregnant.

No comments: