Sunday, January 20, 2013

Bella's First Dentist Visit

It's 5:00 AM on Sunday morning. I've been wide awake and cleaning since 3:30, so I thought I'd take advantage of a quiet house and do a few blog posts.

We took Bella to her first teeth cleaning last Monday. I was nervous about how she'd react, but like so many other things with Bella lately, her age is really starting to play a positive role! She understands more and I can explain things to her ahead of time.

I'd been going back and forth on where to take her (our dentist? a pediatric dentist?) and finally decided to go to the office where Mel works because Bella's familiar with it. We meet Mel for lunch frequently, so Bella has met some of the hygienists and Doc (that's what we call the dentist).
 

Letting Lizzy count her teeth. I was going to just stand beside her, but the room was tight and I wanted to be able to help hold her hands, etc., so I just put her on my lap. She did so great! She let the hygienist clean and use her little tools without freaking out at all. 


Bella even did good when Doc came in and wanted to stick his hands in her mouth. I just kept whispering, "You're doing great. Obey Doc. You're doing great. Obey Doc."

Yay for Bella!