Monday, January 9, 2012

Little Human #2 Has A Name!

We have chosen a name for the new little girl human!

Evelyn Scout

With Bella, we seemed to lean towards slightly foreign names; we considered Mercedes, Sophia, and Isabella. This time around, we were looking at more vintage names: Penelope, Josephine, and Evelyn. I don't know why it seems like we stay in the same "family" when we are dreaming up names.

We chose Evelyn because we like the sound and we love the nickname "Evie." Evelyn just sounded so pretty to us. When I suggested it to Steve, it clicked with him right away! Scout is from To Kill A Mockingbird. The little girl in the book is precocious, inquisitive, and fights for the under-dog...what more could you ask for?

Bella has a fun middle name, courtesy of her Daddy's choice, so it seemed normal to choose a unique middle name for this little one, too. I like how certain names just click with parents from the start. Once I thought of Scout as a middle name, I couldn't get away from it. Steve was the same way with Evelyn; no matter how much I talked about choosing Josephine, it just didn't sound right to him. When we talked about Evelyn, you could see the light bulb go off.

Come April, we will welcome baby Evie into the world! We can't wait!

We let Bella do some artwork on my belly. I wrote "baby evie" and she did the rest! She loved it!

No comments: