Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Just Don't Call Them "Resolutions"

I can't call them resolutions. I think that just sets me up for failure; something about too much pressure. But I do have some goals for this coming year that I'd like to look back and say I improved on...


1. A more in-depth prayer life...I would say that I pray "frequently" throughout my day, but it's mostly quick little prayers lifted up to God when I'm about ready to kill a toddler. I'm committing this year to having a record of requests and actually spending some special time communicating with God.

2. Patient mama...Pregnancy has killed all of the patient genes in my body, but the truth is, I wasn't that patient of a person before I had a little human growing inside of me. I know the kind of mama I want to be, and I have a long way to go. I'm sure that will be a life-long thought, but I'd really like to be more patient with my little bundle of constant energy and noise!

3. Nursing...I didn't nurse Bella and I always wished I had. Formula worked out just fine, and I have no worries about her development or anything like that. I just really wanted it to work. With this new baby, I'm really committed to sticking with it and asking for help when I need it!

4. Consistent exercise...unfortunately, losing weight has never been a big motivating factor for me. (Weird, right?!) I have a wonderful husband who says I'm beautiful whether I'm my "college weight" or 9 months pregnant. When you have an amazing man like that, it's hard to care as much about a little extra belly fat. That being said, I want to have energy for my children and Steve is diabetic...two very-motivating factors to simply have some consistent movement in my life.

So those are some goals for this coming year! For Bella, my goals are potty-training and learning the alphabet. Very do-able goals for her! I'd also like her to have at least one green vegetable that she likes and eats consistently. We'll have to see about that one...

Hope you have some goals for this new year, too!


These ugly baby shoes will inspire me!

No comments: