Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Evie's Nursery, Part 2

Yes, I required two posts just to cover nursery decor. I care much more about the fun part, but Steve suffered too much in "Part 1" not to officially document it. I was so excited to finally have all the painting and tedious work done that I couldn't wait to jump right in with the decorating!

Bella was still feeling crummy on Monday, so she was pretty mellow and perfectly content to lay in my bed watching "Punzel" and "Gene". P.S. Toddler words are awesome! It allowed me to get a lot of work done without worrying about toddlers running around. I had a vision in my head of how I wanted to room to look, and so far, we've pulled it off pretty closely.

This is your view from the rocking chair in the opposite corner. I love the wreath and the twine over the crib, but I'm not sure yet about what all to hang there. Right now, there are a few pieces from Bella's birth and a cover of To Kill A Mockingbird since it's where Evie's middle name comes from.

My most favorite wall in the room! (There aren't many walls to choose from.) I love it when what is in my head comes out perfectly in the final product. We have wooden wine crates stacked on the floor with some books in them, and the small shelves are holding little knick-knacks: a mason jar with stones in the bottom and a branch, a vintage rabbit that Mel bought Bella, and a black-and-white photo book of our last family portrait session.

A close-up of the bird picture hanging over the changing table. I found this at Target and it was my "splurge". I don't love the light pink mat, but haven't decided yet if I want to bother changing it.

Looking out to the hallway. The room is pretty small, but so cozy! I didn't take pictures of the other wall yet; there's a rocking chair in the corner and a mirror that I need to paint before it can be hung up. It's hard to see the grey color in the pictures, but it's just enough contrast without feeling too dark.

I would say we're about 80% of the way done! It's such a simple room; it feels very earthy and I love that! I feel calmer just walking into it, which I know which change in just a few short months!

1 comment:

Kaylie said...

Looks good Katie! What an incredible difference. I was chuckling over your last post!