Thursday, February 3, 2011

Wrapping Up Loose Ends

I was going to make these individual posts, but it just seemed easier to wrap the week up with one. We added some final touches to Bella's room on Monday. I had bought some "stick-on" letters, but didn't get a chance to put them up when I first took pictures.
I used the letters to spell "Bella's room" on the wall right as you walk in the door. The "b" is light pink, so it didn't show up very well in the picture. My favorite thing about it is that it helps offset the green.

I used the other letters to write out the alphabet above her door. It adds some color and also fills up some of the big empty space along that wall.
Our blog book arrived! Steve's mom bought me this as an early birthday present. You can go to a website and order your whole blog in book form. Steve's sisters have done it each year and really like the way it documents the family happenings. It's like having a scrapbook without all of the work. It's not as colorful inside, but it's still awesome! Thanks, Mom!
For some reason, I can't get this picture to rotate the right way, but here's a picture of the inside of the blog book. It was just really cool to sit down and look at everything that had happened in the last year. It motivates me to keep up with the blog so that I can do this again each year.

This is the first half of our "cousin counter." We have big pictures of Bella's cousins taped underneath the counter so that Bella can see them. We want her to be used to seeing their faces when we get together for the summer. I still have to order some pictures of the other half of the cousins.

No comments: