Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Eating Playdough and Self-Portraits

There are many things on the list of "forbidden items" that the little human really loves...two of those things are playdough and our camera. I dream of the day when my artistic and beautifully creative daughter is able to produce all sorts of breathtaking creations. Today is not that day. An "art" day for us includes her biting off the tips of the markers so hard that there are just gnawed nubs remaining, and Bella ends up covered in color like she just ate a painter's palette. She's just at that stage where she explores everything with her mouth and playdough is no different. I usually hide all of the cans, but she discovered one today and also managed to get the lid off. Pictures don't do it justice, but she came to me with her tongue sticking out so that I could scrape the pink goop out of her mouth.
.
.
Once we got the carpet cleaned up of pink playdough, we played with the camera for a little bit. Normally, the camera is completely off limits since Bella will rarely allow anyone to "help" her by holding the camera for her. That's just a recipe for disaster in my book, but today she was (briefly) content to let me hold the camera while she pushed the buttons. I turned the screen around so that she could see what she was capturing. Here's a picture of the two of us snuggling and a picture she took of herself while leaning veeeeeeeery close to the lens.
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had the same problem over the years with playdough but now I make it once in a while and since its all natural I don't freak out if they try to eat it. Here is the recipe I use.
http://www.skiptomylou.org/2010/06/03/homemade-playdough-from-homemade-by-jill/