Wednesday, February 23, 2011

All Grown Up With No Place To Go


In honor of us keeping the little human alive for 22 months (it was actually last week), here are some of her "accomplishments" that I haven't had a chance to share with Grandma yet...

She can say "shoe" and "ree" (which is 'movie'; don't ask me why there's an "r")

She can ask "What's this?" and bring me a fresh diaper when she needs to be changed.

She can make animal noises and put all of her puzzles pieces back in the right space.

She is adjusting to the time-out chair pretty well, but still has trouble obeying the first time. (This probably shouldn't be listed as an accomplishment, but it's an update anyway.)

We are REALLY, REALLY looking forward to her 2nd birthday, although I will admit that I have it built up in my mind as this magical moment when she'll suddenly understand everything I want her to do and the behavior problems will be over. (Cue the laughter of seasoned mothers!)

Oh well, a girl can dream!

4 comments:

Kaylie said...

Your laughing cue was right on target! Love you guys!

Wires Family said...

Stacey, I knew it would be! :) I can't resist, though! I'm sure you and Julie wil remind me of that this summer!

Norma Wires said...

thanks for the update! Can't wait to see her (and you 2 also) in about 3 weeks or so!!

The Clark Family said...

what a cutie!!!