Thursday, July 10, 2014

What Just Happened?

I realized today that we have one more week of "normal" around here. Or maybe I should say, one more week of no schedules and nowhere to be. Steve goes back to work next week and the girls and I go back to our usual "routine". After that, life gets some crazy!

Steve leaves to complete a class in New York City, and before he even gets back, I leave to spend a week in Idaho with our church's missions trip. (AND SEE WHITNEY!!!!!)

Once I get home from Idaho, we'll have three days together before Steve leaves for a job in Nashville. Oy vey. I am not looking forward to only seeing him 3 days in three weeks. (Wait. Really?) This will definitely be our "worst" travel overlap yet!

By the time we're all back home and together, we'll be preparing for school to start and Bella to go to kindergarten. I know it's cliche, but when did that happen? Bella will start school, and from here on out, it's an everyday thing!

I'm so thankful that she's only doing half-day kindergarten, but I'm not sure I'm ready for her official education to begin! As much as the girls can be exhausting, especially during pregnancy, I definitely feel that stereotypical anxiety about leaving my first-born. Okay "leaving" may be dramatic - she's going for half a day and the school is a fraction of a mile down the road - it's just hard not to look at school as "no turning back". 

I am so excited for her to learn new things and get to participate in all of the fun "school" things that she may have missed out on when I kept her home this past year, but my Mommy heart is, once again, very thankful that she's only going half a day and that we both get to make this transition slowly! 

No comments: