Sunday, July 6, 2014

This Time Around...

Have to document some things for the Little Man before I forget...

I know that everyone says that every baby is different, but I always seem to forget until I actually experience it.

For this guy, I've just gotten fatter quicker! It feels funny to even say that I already feel so bulky, because I know that I've got so much worse coming!

Heartburn is also going to be my death. It doesn't matter what I eat or when, once I get in bed, it feels like I'm going to throw up fire. (Sexy, isn't it?) My bottle of TUMS and I have a very close friendship. 

In other news, we bought an outfit for Little Man to come home from the hospital in. It's so cute! It's just a little, light grey pants outfit, but you forget how tiny babies are when they're first born! Whenever I imagine a baby, I picture, like, a 3-month old, but when Steve and I started looking at some baby clothes, it was like, "Aaawww! Look how cute the itty bitty widdle clothes are!" (Yes, I may have said that in a baby-talk voice.)
 
 
So cute, right?
 
 
Mel found this little hat at an arts festival a few weeks ago. The woman who owns the company hand-stitches all of her clothing, so that was a cute touch!
 
We did some work on the nursery this past weekend. Mostly just cleaning it all out. We have a lot of our colors picked out and I have the ideas in my head. These are some of my inspiration pictures...
 

I love the gallery wall above this crib! (I'm a sucker for a good gallery wall.) I also want to paint our wooden crib grey. The walls are taupe (of course) and we have a dark wooden rocking chair, so I'd like to paint the crib grey as a contrast. 
 
 
I love all of the vintage touches in this room! I like the way they made it masculine for a boy without too much of a "baby" look. The nautical touches inspired the sheets that I bought, but I'm not doing too many more "boat-y" things. 
 

I love this picture! I love the tattoos and the vintage feel to it. I really want to print it out and put it on Little Man's wall! Steve can't have his baby boy without some tattoo love in his room! And the colors are just awesome! 

No comments: