Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Festivities

I'm combining pictures from our church's "Trunk Or Treat" event with the ones from trick-or-treating in our neighborhood. Our church had our yearly Fall Festival on Sunday night with one little change...we had all of the games and activities inside, but the candy was outside! As people walked up to the front door to enter the event, they walked through a line of cars with our trunks all decorated and adults dressed up, passing out candy. It was so much fun! We got to meet so many kids and interact with their parents; I didn't even have a chance to take Bella inside to play the games. (I promise we'll do that next year!) I didn't get many pictures of us outside, but here are a few of us before we left.

Our family picture. We had to put tights and a long-sleeve shirt under Bella's Tinkerbell costume, but she still looked adorable!

Steve is dressed as Captain America and I am ready for a masquerade ball! We found all of our goodies at Target and I was pretty impressed by Steve's willingness to participate! My dress is an old prom dress that's been in my closet. I got it zipped at 14 weeks pregnant! I'm not sure how and it wasn't the most flattering look, but at least it stayed on and it was an easy costume to put together. I'm pretty sure I've tried this dress on while not being pregnant and couldn't get it zipped, so I think God was having mercy on me!

...and masks off! We had a great time and I was very happy to get home that night and take the dress off!

Bella was so excited by Steve's mask on Sunday night that she chose the mask over her Tinkerbell costume when we went trick-or-treating in our own neighborhood. Of course, after about 5 minutes, she freaked out about having the mask on, so she just walked around with her Captain America t-shirt on. We must have looked like really lazy parents! :)

At our very first house, the people weren't there, but they had left a bucket of candy. Bella was pretty convinced she could just "swap" her bucket for theirs.

This is how Bella and Liam approached every door. At two of the houses, they knocked and then opened the door before Erin and I could get to them! Good thing people were very laid back when they saw two, adorable toddlers!

Carrying our loot back down the stairs.

Walking with Daddy.

Worn out and ready to go home. Next year, we might make it a little longer, but the kids had a great time, we got some good candy for Mama, and Bella was in bed at a decent time!

No comments: