Monday, October 17, 2011

Pumpkin Carving Party

We invited a bunch of friends over on Saturday for a pumpkin carving contest and party. It was so much fun! I made two big pots of white chili (which was divine, if I do say so), cornbread, all the toppings for the chili, and Mel made pumpkin whoopie pies (Oh my word!). For the little ones, we had mini pumpkins and a painting station set up. We ate, hung out, carved pumpkins, and played games. My energy was sapped by the time the game playing started, but Steve and I are claiming to have been there in spirit. We combined our friends with Mel's friends from her small group. We've had them over many times before, and we love them! I always have the best intentions for taking pictures, but when you're in the middle of "friend time", it's hard to stop for the camera.

Very focused on her own pumpkin.

The girls at the pumpkin painting table. This went over so well!

What's a party in the Fall without s'mores? The picture came out a little funny with the fumes from the flames, but Mel and Bella got some yummy, bonding time in.

Finally getting to hold little Sharpe! (This is where we'll be in 6 more months!) He is so beautiful and precious - I could have stayed in that chair all night!

Mel and Evangeline, the little girl of her small group leaders.

Beautiful, orange pumpkins, just waiting to be carved



Carving in progress! I will have to post the picture of Mel's tomorrow with some other Halloween decor we have up. Our pumpkin got donated to a friend who started to carve hers and realized it was completely rotted.

Mel's whole gang!

Later this week I'll post the recipe for my white chili and Mel's pumpkin whoopie pies. Oh, and our Halloween decorations!

1 comment:

Lee Ann Barton said...

YAY for pictures. Do you mind emailing me pictures from the night. b1726lb@gmail.com

I would love to maybe BLOG.. (what's that??, lol) and share pictures too.

Loved time with you and told Bryan on the way home I wish we had more time with you guys!