Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Counting our Blessings...Even The Ones In Disguise

Things that have made me frustrated in the last week:
  • Steve tried to sleep upstairs, but got too sore, so we are on week 3 of sleeping on the couch and hospital bed.

  • I used our tub last weekend for the first time in a few months and the drain clogged. This caused the toilet to overflow and then leak down into the kitchen causing multiple water stains and a call to the plumber.

  • Our truck, which just had about $5,000.00 worth of work done, had the "Check Engine" light come on. (Seriously?!)

  • I was supposed to watch a 3rd baby this week, but the mom called me 2 days before and cancelled. She said her mother-in-law really wanted to watch the baby, so they didn't need me anymore. We've had these plans for the last two months, so it was extremely frustrating and discouraging to suddenly lose that income we were planning on.

Okay, that was my honest moment. Now on to all of the things I have been really, really thankful for this week:

  • Steve's mom came on Sunday and has been a huge help already! She is making meals and helping with the babies...I actually took a nap on Monday!

  • The plumber came today and said we just had a clogged drain (not a cracked pipe). He said we could easily cover the water stains with special paint without having to replace all of the ceiling in the kitchen.

  • We have been so blessed by people in our church and Steve's bank bringing meals and checking in on Steve.

  • Through everything, I'm still so thankful to have Steve here, and I'm actually excited to have him home for the next 4 weeks.

  • Rex and Bella have been wonderful through this whole experience...here's a picture of them watching the Lion King today. Love these kids!


Thank you so much to everyone who has been praying and for all of the phone calls we've received! This is a little thing, but with all of the food we've gotten, we actually haven't gotten many repeats! We've had great food! So many people are better cooks than I am!

No comments: