Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Dear Santa, We're Sorry...

I guess I should be happy that Bella hates strangers and pray that this continues when she's 4 and playing in the park. I have to admit, I really, really, really, really wanted her stranger-hatred to pause for just one evening, so she could smile happily on Santa's lap. Not so much...we showed up at Chick-Fil-A and she had a great time. She was in a really good mood, so about halfway through dinner, we decided to try it.

I picked her up, pointed out Santa, moved to the Christmas tree to show her the ornaments, and then pointed to Santa again. She was great with all of that until she figured out what we had in mind, and then it was definitely all over from there. We took one with me still holding her, but it didn't matter - she already knew the plan, so we decided to just let her scream it out on Santa's lap. Santa was a champ, by the way. He was the same Santa that CFA had last year and very sweet.

We returned to our dinner to let her calm down and then watched about 10 other children smile sweetly on Santa's lap (stupid kids). I posted one on FB already, but here are our official Santa 2010 pictures...enjoy!



No comments: