Monday, February 1, 2010

Bathroom "Finishes"

I've been trying to add little touches here and there to help make certain rooms feel "finished." For me, that usually means artwork. Nothing major; just something that I know I'm going to want on the walls for good. I was able to find some pieces for the half-bath this weekend that made it feel finally done. Here are some pictures...


This is the first view as you walk in the door. The painting on the left is from the Bahamas when my parents lived there. I found the bird picture at Target.

You can't tell very well, but this picture on the right is a camel we found when we were in Dubai. We've had it for awhile now, but couldn't ever find the right frame to go with it.




So now it's done. It might sound weird, but I like walking into a room and knowing I wouldn't change anything else. I like knowing it's completely finished with all of the little embellishments, etc.

1 comment:

The Clark Family said...

love the bathroom! I feel the same way about a room..although I don't think any of our rooms are there yet!! Our bedroom is probably the closest...i've been working on that this winter.