Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Celebrating Our Man!

We are so blessed to have Steve as our husband and Daddy! He is more patient than I could ever imagine, and a wonderfully hands-on man with our girls. As the girls get a little older, I love seeing them run to him for specific things. Evelyn always chooses to hold his hand when we walk through a parking lot or store, and he is the Master Rough-houser! He is so good with hugs and snuggles and singing to them at bedtime.
 
Here are some pictures of Steve and the girls before church...
 
 
 

 
We had friends staying with us that night as they traveled to Tennessee, so I wanted to make sure Steve got some "manly alone time" before we were hosts. After church, he took his motorcycle and did a bike ride up north a little and stopped for lunch. It was really nice to give him a chance to get on the bike and not have a time limit.
 
Here was my coping mechanism...

 
Steve's request for dinner was a cookout with potato salad. His mom makes it a special way that their whole family loves! Luckily, I found the recipe in this amazing cookbook that his mom gave me when we got married - it's got special or favorite recipes from Steve's mom, his sisters, and both his grandmas - I love it!
 
 
I don't like potato salad, but I (weirdly) love the smell! Maybe its a pregnant thing. But doesn't it look colorful?
 

Our friends, Mark and Jenny, came sometime in the afternoon, and we made Mark the official babysitter. They have a little boy named Ben, so it was good for him to get some interaction with little girls!
 
 
I loved being able to celebrate Steve in little ways, and show him how special he is to all of his girls!

No comments: